Why choose solar?
Many Australian homes and businesses are now choosing to go green to reduce their carbon footprint & electricity costs.
The upfront cost of your solar system is affected by a number of factors, including:
- government rebates and incentives available
- contractor installation costs
- type and number of solar panels, which affect the output of your system in kilowatts (kW)
- type and size of inverter (the part of the system that converts the electrical output of your solar panels into AC electricity for use in your home or business)
- type of framing equipment and other system components
- height and accessibility of roof and whether it is tiled, metal or concrete
- any after-sales service agreements
Solar Victoria offers rebates to commercial, residential and rental properties for solar panels and residential for solar & batteries. The application process involves:
- Request a quote from Steen Electrical (including a free site inspection)
- Once you accept our quote, Steen enter your quote into the Solar Victoria portal
- You can then begin your Solar Victoria application process
- Once rebate is finalised from Solar Victoria, we can book your installation date
- Your system must remain turned off until the solar inspector attends.
- We lodge your certificate with a independent solar inspector
- The inspector will contact you within 1-3 weeks to inspect your system
- If the system is compliant, the inspector will turn your system on
- Once the inspection is completed, Steen submit all documents to your electrical provider
- The electrical provider will contact you within 6 weeks to let you know the metering is complete
- The electrical provider will add a metering cost for your metering to your next electrical bill which the customer is responsible to pay (up to $150)
All of our products include warranties. You will get a warranty on solar panels, solar inverters and batteries. The length of warranty does vary from supplier to supplier so please contact us for accurate details. Steen Electrical provides a lifetime guarantee on workmanship of the installation of your system.